Table of Contents
- Software Subscriptions
- Before You Begin Installation
- Steps to Install
- Connect Your System
- Device Training and Use
Depending on what system and devices you ordered, the contents of your received shipment may look different. Please refer to the packing checklist that came with your system.
Note: SoloVision units do not come with an AC adapter unless you are using either a set of FlexVisions or a ThermoVision.
Stay up-to-date by purchasing the Software Subscription plan. Software Subscription includes troubleshooting of the MyoVision software with our Tech Support team, and all of our new features, updates, and yearly upgrades.
MyoVision offers Remote Installation, Software and Device setup, testing, and will perform a training for a small fee. To learn about both of the great support packages we offer, simply click on the one you're interested in using the tabs below. You can purchase a support package on our online store using the links provided.
Before you begin Installation
- Please ensure that you have closed the MyoVision software, and that it is not currently running, or open before attempting to install the latest version.
- The installation can take up to 45 minutes to complete. Please do not restart your computer, or disconnect from your internet connection.
Steps to Install
Step 1: Download Installer
The first step is to download the installation file. The install file is called MVSW_ATLAS_S.exe and is used to install or update MyoVision.
- Go to myovision.com/download.html then select Download Now. The first time that you download a new version of the software you will receive a 30-Day Free Trial. After that you will need a valid Registration Key to keep using all of the newest software features.
Stop worrying about getting all of the newest software releases and features by signing up for our Annual Software Subscription. Click the link Here to start your subscription today!
- You will be prompted on whether you would like to run or save the program. For the best results you will want to save the installer instead of running it directly from the MyoVision website.
- Once the file has finished downloading move on to Step 2: Install Software.
Step 2: Install Software
In this step we're going to run the file that we downloaded in Step 1. This will get MyoVision installed or updated on your computer.
- When the installer starts, you will want to click Next > at the first screen to begin the installation.
- Continue running the installer until the following Window appears. Then, select the option that best matches the type of installation you are performing.
- The Installer will let you know once it's successful. Once the installer is done click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- The Installer fails or gets an error, check your computer for updates. Once all the updates are installed, restart your computer and try running the installer again.
Step 3: Register Your Software
After getting MyoVision installed or updated on the computer, you will be registered with a 30-Day Trial Version. The 30-Day Trial is only a trial for all the features not included in your Registration Key. Once the 30 days are up the software will automatically revert to the Feature Pack that is tied to your account.
If you haven't registered for an Annual Software Subscription than you could be missing out on MyoVision Features. Visit our store site to purchase your Software Subscription.
- Open the Help menu and navigate to the Registration option.
- When the window opens you will want to copy and paste the information sent in your registration email when you purchased your software subscription or upgraded your feature pack. (If you just got a new system you will get a Registration Key good for one year on any new software releases or updates. If you want to purchase a new software subscription Click Here to view our store site.) When you're done click Activate to activate the software.
Download and Install Your Software
When opening the MyoVision software you may be prompted be prompted to upgrade your software. If you have purchased a software Registration Key for the Software & Support Annual Subscription, please select "Upgrade".
To purchase a registration key for the new MyoVision Atlas software, please click on the link provided. (Note: If you have already purchased a registration key please proceed to the next step).
If you choose not to upgrade your software, you will have a 30-Day Free Trial of the new features. Please note that after the trial has expired, you will be running the basic version of the MyoVision software; Atlas.
You will now be prompted to enter your name, email address, and the registration key that you were provided. If you were not provided with a registration key, please click on Register Only, where you will be directed to our web store, where you can purchase a registration key. After entering your registration key, please click on Activate to activate the new E-Scan feature and being using your new MyoVision Atlas software.
Connect Your System
After completing the installation of MyoVision on your desktop or laptop, please connect your PhysioMonitor/SoloVision to your computer with the included USB cable. Please note that the PhysioMonitors require both the AC Adapter and the USB cable. Whereas the SoloVisions Only require the USB cable unless you are using a ThermoVision or a FlexVision with your SoloVision.
Setting Up Your ScanVision
Check the Power Switch (1) to turn the device to turn on, the Power Switch must be set to the On position. The Power Switch should only be adjusted when the device is being transported or shipped to prevent the device from accidentally draining its own battery. If you are not using the device, it will automatically power itself off.
To power on the device, you will want to push the white Start Button (2), the Power and Connect Status lights (3) should turn on. You can also hold down the Start button for 10 seconds to turn the device off.
When you need to charge the device, plug the USB charging cable (included in your system if it was purchased directly from MyoVision) into the Charge Jack (4). The Charge Indicator will light up an amber color when the device is first plugged in and turn green when it finishes the charge process.
MyoVision Wirefree devices transmit data to the hub unit using a bound connection. If you purchased your ScanVision with a hub (SoloVision or PhysioMonitor), the devices should already be bound. If the Connect Status light is blinking red or you need to bind the ScanVision to another device, use the Connect Switch (6) and the instructions found in the guides listed below.
After every exam check the electrodes (6) on your ScanVision device for any signs of cracks, worn metal, or corrosion. As a general rule, we recommend replacing your electrodes each month, or after you finish a jar of QuickScan Pads. If you do not use your device regularly, regardless of the time frame, if you notice your electrodes are no longer matte grey, but rather a lighter silver color and a bit shiny, then it's time to replace them.
If you purchased a set of ScanVision scanners directly from MyoVision, one scanner will have a yellow Left sticker (shown below). The device with the yellow Left sticker will be used to scan the left-side of the patient's back, the other device should be used on the right-side.
If you purchased a single scanner from MyoVision, the device will NOT have a Left sticker.
Setting Up Your DynaVision
When placing batteries into the DynaVision, make sure to put the red ribbon underneath the batteries before snapping them in. By pulling up on the red ribbon you can more easily remove the batteries from their clip.
Once the batteries have been installed, put the battery cover back on. Locate the Power Switch (1) and make sure it's set to the On position. To power on the device press the white Start Button (2). When the device powers on the Battery Status (3) and Connect Status (4) lights should light up.
The last step is to get DynaROM certified. To get certified go MyoVision.com and select the DynaROM certification under the Training tab.
If the DynaVision was purchased directly from MyoVision, it will arrive already bound to the SoloVision or PhysioMonitor. However, if you need still need to bind your DynaVision, you can use the Connect Switch (4) and follow the guides below.
Setting Up Your FlexVision
To setup your FlexVision device, set the Power Switch (1) to ON. Then press the red Start Buttons (2) to power on the device. When the device powers on the Power (3) and Connect Status (4) indicators will Light up.
Each FlexVision device is programmed to be used in the right or the left hand. When you purchase your FlexVisions directly from MyoVision, the left hand device will have a yellow sticker between the two red Start Buttons.
By default if you purchase your system directly from MyoVision it will come bound to your SoloVision or PhysioMonitor hub. After the software is installed and the hub is plugged in, the Connect Status light should go from blinking red to solid green. (You may need to turn the device OFF and back ON after the hub is plugged in and software is installed.)
If the device is not bound to its hub, or if you need to bind your FlexVision to a different hub, click the link below that matches the hub unit you're trying to bind to.
To charge your FlexVision, plug the USB charger into the Charge Jack (1) on the side of the device. When the device is first plugged in the Charge Indicator (2) will turn amber. After the charge cycle is complete the light will turn green.
Once your FlexVision is setup, the next step is to get certified with your FlexVision by clicking the link below:
FlexUltra ROM Certification
Setting Up Your PhysioMonitor
First, plug the AC Adapter into the back of the device in the DC IN (1) port. Then, flip the Power Switch (3) to the ON position. Plug the USB cable into the back of the PhysioMonitor in the USB to PC port (2), and into your computer. Once the device is on and the USB cable is connected to both the PhysioMonitor and the computer, the Power (4) and Computer Connect (5) lights should both be green.
Note that if you are using a desktop computer, it is highly recommended that you plug the USB cable into the USB ports on the back of the computer.
If device is not connecting properly, check that the drivers for the PhysioMonitor hardware were installed properly. This process is called "enumerating." Depending on the speed of your computer the PhysioMonitor can take up to 5 minutes to enumerate.
To check that the drivers were installed and the hardware was recognized, follow the steps below:
- Open the Control Panel
- When the Control Panel opens, select the View Devices and Printers option.
- If the drivers were installed properly the following devices should be listed under the Unspecfied category.
If you're experiencing issues getting the drivers to install properly, check if the port your using is a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port (most computers mark the USB 3.0 ports by making the port blue in color). The PhysioMonitor requires a USB 2.0 connection.
Setting Up Your SoloVision
To connect your SoloVision to your computer, insert the USB cable into the USB to PC port (1) on the back of the SoloVision and the other end of the USB cable into your computer. SoloVision units receive power directly from the PC and do not come with a power cable.
Once the SoloVision is connected to your computer, the power indicator (2) on the front of the SoloVision will turn green.
Follow the steps below if you are having trouble getting your computer to recognize the SoloVision:
- Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged into the SoloVision and the PC.
- Make sure the USB cable is plugged into a USB 2.0 port and NOT a USB 3.0 port.
- When the SoloVision is first plugged into the PC it will need to install the drivers for the SoloVision. This process happens automatically and is called enumerating. It can take up to 5 minutes for the SoloVision to fully enumerate.
- Open up the Control panel then click on the View devices and printers option.
- Once Devices and Printers opens, there should be an icon under Unspecified category with a name that matches the type of device the SoloVision connects to. In the below example, the SoloVision that is connected to the PC can only bind to ScanVision devices that is why the Unspecified device is a ScanVision.
In the video below David Marcarian demonstrates how to set-up a SoloVision.
How to Connect a VisionPort2
This section will show you how to plug in and connect your VisionPort2 to the computer.
- Plug the power cable into a working outlet in the wall or in a grounded surge protector. Plug the the other end of the power cable into the VisionPort2.
- Plug the device power cable into the jack on the VisionPort2 and onto the split serial cable of the ThermoGlide.
- Make sure that the serial cable of the ThermoGlide is plugged into the VisionPort2.
- The "Ready" light on the VisionPort2 should turn a solid green.
How to Connect a Wireless ThermoVision
This section will show you how to plug in and connect your Wireless ThermoVision.
Make sure that your hub unit (either a SoloVision or PhysioMonitor) is plugged into the computer and that the software is running.
- Flip the Power switch on the ThermoVision to "On" and pull the trigger to start the device.
- The "Power" and "Connect Status" lights should both light up and stay a solid green.If the "Power" light is red or flashing, plug the ThermoVision into the charger and let it recharge before attempting to connect it again.
If the "Connect Status" light is flashing red, the ThermoVision will need to be paired to the hub unit. The links below will take you to MyoVision Support Guides that show how to pair devices to the different types of hubs.
- Once both lights are solid green the device is connected and ready for use.
How to Connect the USB C-5000
This section will show you how to plug-in and connect your USB C-5000.
- Plug the squared end of the USB cable into the USB C-5000 unit and the other end into an available USB port on the computer.
- Once the device is plugged in, perform a test exam.
If the MyoVision Interface is displaying under your Devices, Devices and Printers window, then the next step is to open the MyoVision software. If the PhysioMonitor is properly detected, it will say “ Wireless System Connected” in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
Certain devices will have an additional setting that needs to be set. Click the link in the menu below that matches the device type you are setting up.
The MyoVision software allows for you to use either a single ScanVision device or dual ScanVision devices to perform exams. By default when the software is installed or updated it will be set to Single ScanVision Device Mode. Follow the steps below to enable or disable the Single ScanVision Device Mode.
- Open the Setup menu at the top, go down to Settings, and select Devices.
- On the left side you will notice a list of devices including System HUB Settings and ScanVision. Click on ScanVision.
- On the right you will see a list of ScanVision options with Battery Saving Mode at the top. Locate the checkbox next to Enable under Single ScanVision Device Mode and click to uncheck it.
- Click OK to save the setting.
The MyoVision software allows you to use the Wireless ThermoVision, USB C-5000. or the VisionPort2 Thermoglide. You will need to set the software to match the type of device that you own.
- Open the Setup menu, go down to Settings, and select Devices.
- Select Thermography from the list of device types on the left. Click the drop-down menu and select the type of Thermography device that you have. Click OK to save your changes.
Device Training & Use
Now that you have completed setting up and installing your new MyoVision system. You are ready to begin using MyoVision with your patients. If you would like to schedule a remote training session with MyoVision, please click on the following link:
Are you a certified MyoVision user? MyoVision certification is a quick training program that shows you how to get accurate and reproducible results, perform your exams quicker and more efficiently, solve common software problems, and make the most of the features that the MyoVision software has to offer. Click the links below to get certified with your MyoVision Devices.
- ScanVision Certification
- FlexVision Certification
- DynaROM Certification - You will need to Register or Log-In with MyoVision to perform the DynaROM Certification. Click the DynaROM Certification under the "Training" to log-in or register before beginning the certification.
Besides becoming better at MyoVision upon completing your certification you'll also receive the following benefits:
- Receive a personalized certificate - you can print and frame in your office!
- Join our network of Certified Doctors featured on our Doctor Locator!
More information on using and troubleshooting the MyoVision system can be located on our MyoVision Technical Knowledge Base: