Table of Contents
- If you already have an instance of SQL Server 2014 installed for MyoVision please use the guide Reinstalling SQL Server.
- If you are running an older version of SQL Server and are trying to upgrade to SQL Server 2014, please use the guide Upgrade to SQL Server 2014.
Install SQL Server 2014
The instructions will guide you through the process of SQL Server 2014.
Please close out of all other programs and make sure your Windows operating system is up to date.
SQL Server Installation Guide
The following steps will guide you through the process of installing SQL Server.
- Go to your C: Drive and open the WinScan98 folder. Then open the SSE2014 folder. Right click SETUP.EXE and select "Run as administrator." You will need to run the setup as an administrator in order for it to install properly. If you cannot locate the folder titled "SSE2014" click the following link to download SQL Server 2014 Express from Microsoft.com.
- Choose to do a new SQL Server installation.
- Choose to perform a new installation. Then click Next.
- After the installer runs its checks, check the box next to I accept the license terms.
- On the Feature Selection screen click the Select All button, then click Next to continue.
- On the Instance Configuration screen select the Named Instance option. Enter PBI_MYOVISION as the name. When you click out of the Named Instance, the Instance ID should automatically set itself to match the Named Instance. Click Next to continue.
- Make sure the Startup Type for SQL Server Database Engine is set to Automatic.
If you are running a network database, the SQL Server Browser should also be set to Automatic. Then click the Next button.
- If you will be using a local database select Windows Authentication Mode and Mixed Mode if you are using a network database.
For Mixed Mode the password should be "MyoVision01".
- Under the Specify Server administrators click the Add button, then in the Select Users or Groups Window select Advanced.
When the Advanced window opens, click the Find Now button. In the list of Search Results that populates at the bottom of the windows, select the the Users option. Then, click OK to add users to the list of Server Administrators. Click OK again on the select Users or Groups window. Then Next in the SQL Server 2014 installer to proceed.
- At this point the installer will use your server configurations to install your SQL Server.
- When the installation is complete click the Close button to exit out of the installer.
If after reading through the steps above you aren't certain how to perform the installation, watch the video below for a quick tutorial on installing SQL Server 2014.
After you've installed SQL Server you will need to attach the new SQL Server instance to the MyoVision software. The section below will show you how to attach your SQL Server to the MyoVision software.
Attaching Your SQL Server to Your Database
- If you have an old copy of your raw database files you should use Method 1: Import Old Data File.
- If you don't have an old copy of raw database files you should use Method 2: Import Blank Data File.
Method 1: Import Old Data File
If you have an old data file from a previous installation from MyoVision or from an old computer, these steps will show you how to attach it to the SQL Server and the MyoVision software.
- While holding down the "Control" key on the keyboard select the MyoVision and MyoVision_log files. Right-click and select Copy.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.PBI_MYOVISION(may also be 10.5.SQLEXPRESS if you have an older version of SQL server installed)\MSSQL\DATA. Right click and paste the files in this location.
- Open the MyoVision software. Open the Setup menu, from the top menu bar, and select Database.
- Open the Advanced tab and click the Attach button.
- When the Alert pops up select Yes.
- Navigate to the location you pasted the MyoVision and MyoVision_log files into during Step 2. Select the MyoVision file and click the Open button.
- The software should tell you that the file was successfully attached.
At this point you will want to try and open an exam to verify that your old data is available.
Method 2: Import Blank Data
If you don't have an old data file to import and attach you can use a blank data file as well. Follow the steps below to import and attach the blank data file that gets installed with MyoVision.
- Navigate to C:\Winscan98\SSE2014\. Hold down the Control on the keyboard and select the MyoVision and MyoVision_log files. Right-click and select Copy.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.PBI_MYOVISION\MSSQL\DATA\ the folder may also be MSSQL10.5.SQLEXPRESS. if you have an older version of SQL Server installed. Right-click in the DATA folder and select Paste.
- Open the MyoVision software. Open the Setup menu from the top menu bar and select Database.
- Click the Advanced button to open the Advanced tab; then, click the Attach button.
- When the Alert pops up select Yes.
- Navigate to the location where you pasted the MyoVision and MyoVisio_log files to, in Step 2. Select the MyoVision file and click Open.
- The software should tell you that the data file is attached.
If you are experiencing an SQL 20 error when trying to attach the data file to the software, you will want to click the Stop button next to the status bar. When the operating system asks if you would like to allow the app to make changes to your computer, select Yes.
Then, click the Start button to restart the service.
At this point you will want to retry attaching the data file in the software.