Just like a car requires routine maintenance, so do your ScanVision devices. We recommend doing routine maintenance checks at least once a month in addition to your weekly cleanings.
Always use QuickScan Pads with every scan, not alcohol pads. Using alcohol will lead to corrosion of your electrode posts. Learn more about the importance of QuickScan Pads.
The type of battery used is paramount to the proper use of your devices.
We require that you only use Lithium Ion batteries over Alkaline or Copper-Zinc Battery. You can also use a high quality rechargeable battery. We recommend Sony's Eneloop for rechargeable (shown below.)
Lithium Ion batteries provide a more even charge and are less prone to leaks relative to alkaline.
ONLY USE MyoVision brand electrodes. Our electrodes are designed with a special coating to ensure accurate readings. Your ScanVision devices rely on the correct metal to work properly.
Check the condition of your electrodes:
- Check the surface of the electrodes: if they're starting to lose their dark matte finish and turn light silver, it is time to replace them.
- MORE IMPORTANTLY check the bottom of the electrode where it connects to the post by pulling the silver tip straight off. This area will wear down from use and start to affect readings quickly if not properly maintained.
- We recommend changing your electrodes monthly or after 150 scans (whichever occurs first). Purchase at our online store.
Just as important as the electrodes are the posts they connect to. Take time to examine your posts.
- Are they still a dark matte color?
- When was the last time they were thoroughly cleaned?
- Is there any type of build up accumulating or corrosion forming?
- View the images below to compare your posts. (The images are after your have removed the electrodes.)
If your posts look like the bottom row of images, they may need to be replaced, call Technical Support at 1800-696-6961 opt 2.
PREVENTION: In order to prevent build up and corrosion of your posts, we recommend cleaning your device weekly. How to Clean Your ScanVision Devices
Time for an Upgrade?
Do you find yourself replacing your batteries way too often? Do your posts look like the bottom images above?
Upgrade to the new ScanVision PLUS [+] and never worry about replacing your batteries again. Learn more about upgrading your ScanVision.
Your rechargeable upgrade will come with:
- Sacrificial posts & PC Board (for enhanced performance)
- Firmware Upgrade
- 2 USB charging cables & 1 AC wall adapter
- Latest version of MyoVision software with latest features free for the first year
- 1 year warranty on new replacement parts
Contact Technical Support at email@example.com for more information and to set up a time to send in your devices.
If you have any questions regarding the condition of your devices please call Technical Support at 1800-969-6961 opt 2.
Regular cleaning and good practice will save you time and hassle down the road.