- Before You Begin
- Information for New Users
- Customers that Purchased a Used or Second-Hand Device
- Download, Install, and Register Your Software
- First Time MyoVision Software Set-Up
- Setting Up a Network Database
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- How to Get Support
This guide will take you through the process of downloading, installing, registering, and setting up your MyoVision software.
- The MyoVision software is only supported on Windows operating systems. (Is MyoVision Mac compatible?)
- Check that your PC uses a grounded AC Adapter (if it's going to be plugged in during exams) and that it meets the basic PC requirements.
- Run all available Windows updates. (If it has been a while since the last time your ran updates, you may need to manually check for updates several times to get all available Windows updates installed.)
- Make sure the only antivirus your computer is running is the built-in antivirus software for your Windows computer. For Windows 7 users this the Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 uses the Windows Defender as its built-in antivirus software. (Which Anti-Virus Should I Use With MyoVision?)
- Get certified with your devices by visiting MyoVision.com, then select the Online Certifications under the Training tab.
If this is your first time downloading and installing the MyoVision software, you automatically get a 30-Day Free Trial of the full MyoVision software. After 30 days, if you have not entered a Registration Key, the software will only allow you to access the basic scan features.
A new software registration key is included with a one year software subscription purchase, by purchasing a new system, or by re-certifying a used system. For more information on Registration Keys Click Here.
The MyoVision Wirefree System is a Class II Medical Device; which means it is a tool used for clinical assessment. To ensure the device meets "factory new" specifications, as required by the FDA, a re-certification process is required prior to our supporting the product. This will also ensure that you are notified of any legal updates and information that may arise.
If you purchased your MyoVision system second-hand and are having issues getting it set-up you will need to re-certify your devices before our Support Team is able to assist you. Click Here to re-certify your device. Customers that choose to purchase second-hand devices are responsible for contacting the seller for any necessary software registration information.
Using the tabbed menu below, follow the step-by-step guide to get download, install and register the MyoVision Software on your computer. Your registration key does not have a limit to the number of computers it can be used on.
**After installing the software continue to read through the entire guide to see how to properly setup the software.**
Step 1: Download Installer
The first step is to download the installation file. The install file is called MVSW_ATLAS_S.exe and is used to install or update MyoVision.
- Go to myovision.com/download.html and then select Download Now. The first time that you download a new version of the software you will receive a 30-Day Free Trial. After that you will need a valid Registration Key to keep using all of the newest software features.
- You will be prompted on whether you would like to run or save the program. For the best results you will want to save the installer instead of running it directly from the MyoVision website.
Step 2: Install Software
In this step we're going to run the file that we downloaded in Step 1. This will get MyoVision installed or updated on your computer.
- When the installer starts, you will want to click Next > at the first screen to begin the installation.
- Continue running the installer until the following Window appears. Then, select the option that best matches the type of installation you are performing.
- The Installer will let you know once it's successful. Once the installer is done click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- The Installer fails or gets an error, check your computer for updates. Once all the updates are installed, restart your computer and try running the installer again.
Step 3: Register Your Software
After getting MyoVision installed or updated on the computer, you will be registered with a 30-Day Trial Version. The 30-Day Trial is only a trial for all the features not included in your Registration Key. Once the 30 days are up the software will automatically revert to the Feature Pack that is tied to your account.
If you haven't registered for an Annual Software Subscription than you could be missing out on MyoVision Features. Visit our store site to purchase your Software Subscription.
- Open the Help menu and navigate to the Registration option.
- When the window opens you will want to copy and paste the information sent in your registration email when you purchased your software subscription or upgraded your feature pack. (If you just got a new system you will get a Registration Key good for one year on any new software releases or updates. If you want to purchase a new software subscription Click Here to view our store site.) When you're done click Activate to activate the software.
Download and Install Your Software
The instructions in the tabbed menu below will show you how to set-up and use some of the features of the MyoVision software.
Click on the steps inside the tabbed menu to learn how to customize and set-up your MyoVision Software:
Set-Up Doctor Information
The Doctor Information displays on patient' exams which includes the address, phone number and email of your business. Setting up this information allows you to promote and grow your business, by easily allowing your patients to endorse your data driven methods while being readily available to give out your office's information.
- Inside the MyoVision software, open the Setup menu, then select Doctor Information.
- Click the Add button to add a new a Doctor.
- When the Enter Your Name window opens, enter the name of the doctor who you would like to add in the text field. Then, click OK.
- Fill out the rest of the information on the form. (Office Name, Address, Phone Number, etc.)
- Click OK to save your changes.
E-Scan is a feature of the MyoVision Software that allows practitioners to send a patient their exam via email or text message. In order to start using the E-Scan feature you will need to go through the following steps to get your information inputted into the software and successfully send a test message.
- Inside the software, open the Setup menu, go down to Settings, and select Email.
- In the E-Scan Email Setup window, enter the email address you want to use, the password for the email address you just entered. Then, select the email service provider from the drop-down menu.
- For the next step we will be sending a test email to verify that the software is able to successfully communicate with your email server provider. To begin, click the Send Test button.
- Enter your email address in the text field, then click the Send button.
- If the test was sent successfully, the following message will display.
If the test was unsuccessful or your email service provider is not listed, visit our EScan Setup article to view advanced setup and troubleshooting options.
Configuring Device Settings
There are some settings inside the MyoVision software that may need to be customized based on the specific devices you are using. This portion of the guide will show you how to change device specific settings for the ScanVision and ThermoVision devices.
- Inside the MyoVision software, open the Setup menu, go down to Settings, and select Devices.
- When the Device Settings window opens, select the ScanVision option from the list on the left.
- When the ScanVision Settings open, locate the Single ScanVision Device Mode options. If you are using one ScanVision, you will want to make sure that the Enable box is checked. If you are using two ScanVisions, you will want to make sure that the box is NOT checked.
Single ScanVision Device Mode tells the software to only look for one ScanVision device and allows you to perform sEMG exams by scanning the left side of the back first then scanning the right side. After making your selection, click the Apply button.
**ThermoVision and Thermography Customers Only**
- Click the Thermography option on the right hand side.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the type of Thermography device that you have. Then, click OK.
The software should now be configured properly to work with your system. For further information on setting up the hardware of your MyoVision system visit our Setting Up Your MyoVision support page.
Enable EP Strees Score
- Open the Setup menu, go down to Settings and select Static.
- On the EP Settings screen, click the EP Score button.
- Click the Enable box under the Score Settings of the window to turn the EP Score on. Click OK to save your settings.
- Now, when viewing an exam the EP Stress Score will display.
Input Doctor Information
Configure Device Settings
Enable EP Score
If you are planning to have MyoVision running on more than one computer in your office and would like the two computers to share data, you will need to setup a network database. A network database is where one computer is designated as the Master computer and the other computers are designated as Client computers.
The Master computer is where the database is actually stored. The Client computers send any new exam data to the Master computer for storage. When you want to open an exam on a Client computer it communicates with the Master computer to get the exam data and then displays it.
It is recommended that you pick the fastest of the computers, that will be connected to the network database, to be the Master computer. If the Master computer is running slowly any time a Client computer needs to access data it will take longer to process the data.
If you would like to learn more about network databases, including how to set one up, visit our support article:
If you would like someone at MyoVision to set up a network database for you, click the links to our store below to purchase your network database setup package. **For all configuration packages a representative from your office must be available throughout the duration of the configuration.**
- Tier 1 - Network Configuration - (Free for customers within their first year of buying a new system) This network configuration package includes setting up two computers to have a network database. Limited to one 30-minute session.
- Tier 2 - Network Configuration - For larger networks. This network configuration package allows a setup for multiple computers on the network. Limited to one 90-minute session.
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers.
- "Is the software Mac compatible?" - No. For more information visit our PC Requirements page.
- "How many computer can I install MyoVision on with my Registration Key?" - As many as you would like. The Registration Key does not have a limit to the number of computers that it can be used on.
- "How do I update my software once it's installed?" - Visit our support article Updating Your MyoVision Software for a full guide on updating the MyoVision software.
- "How do I backup my patient database?" - The software creates a local back up of the database, as long as the computer is NOT setup to use remote data. (It's not a Client computer on a network database.) For information on where the daily backups are stored as well a guide on how to perform manual backups of your database, visit our support article Backing Up and Restoring a Patient Database.
- "Can I set the software to only scan specific sites?" - Yes. If you are performing sEMG scans you can create a custom protocol to scan specific sites. Visit our support article How to Create a Custom Protocol for more details.
Our support site is updated weekly with guides and articles that include some of our most frequently asked questions. Make sure to check back routinely for the most up to date information and guides.
Looking to get some training directly from a MyoVision team member? Visit our online store to purchase a software download and training package. A member of the MyoVision team will work with you one-on-one to get your software downloaded and get you setup to begin scanning.
For Technical Support or for any issues with the MyoVision software or hardware, contact our support team using the information below:
Phone: (800) 969 - 6961 Option 2 for Technical Support.