Table of Contents
here are two primary reasons SQL Errors Can happen during backups. This article will guide you through how to correct a Permissions issue with the MyoVision SQL Server.
- The following error can occur when attempting to make a backup if there is a permissions issue.
- SQL Errors during a backup can also be due to corrupted database file.If your SQL Server database has a corrupted file you will need to Reinstall your SQL Server.
Follow the instructions in the tabbed menu below to troubleshoot the SQL Backup Error.
Delete Temp File
If you have changed the permissions on the BackupDBTemp.tmp file in the previous tab and you are still getting the SQL Error when making backups, the next step is to try deleting the BackupDBTemp file in case it has become corrupted or damaged.
- Open Windows File Explorer and click on the View tab of the top menu. Check the Hidden Items box, then navigate to C:\ProgramData\Precision Biometrics Inc\MVSW\Temp.
- Locate the BackupDBTemp.tmp file, right-click the file, and select Delete.
- Open the MyoVision software and click the Backup button in the top toolbar. Select a location for your test backup and click Save. If the error has been resolved the software should let you know that the backup was successful.
**Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator on your computer before continuing.**
To fix the error and restore your ability to do backups follow the steps below.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Precision Biometrics Inc\MVSW\Temp on your computer using file explorer.The ProgramData folder is usually a hidden folder. To show hidden items click on the view tab of Windows Explorer, click the View tab then click the box next to Hidden items.
- Locate the file BackupDBTemp.tmp, right-click the file and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab, then click on the Edit button.
- In the list of Groups and Users, select the Users (YOURCOMPUTERNAME-PC\Users) option. Then click the Allow box next to the Full Control option. Click OK to save your change.
**If Users (YOURCOMPUTERNAME-PC\Users) is not listed click the Add button. In the window that opens type, Users into the message box and click OK to add it to the list.
- Click OK to exit out of the Properties window to save your permissions.
At this point your ability to make backups should be restored. Open the MyoVision software and click the Backup button to create a test Backup.If you are still getting an SQL Backup Error you will want to attempt to delete the temp file. (See
Tab for more instructions.)
You can also watch the video below for instructions on how to change the Permissions on the *.tmp file.
Phone: 1(800) 969 - 6961 Option 2 for Support