Setting Up EScan with a Yahoo for Business Email Account
The purpose of this support article is to show you how to setup EScan with your Yahoo for Business email account. In order to set up your Yahoo for Business email account so that it can be used with the MyoVision software's EScan feature you will need to edit the "Outgoing Mail Server" setting in the MyoVision software and create an "App Password".
This guide will show you how to do adjust the "Outgoing Mail Server" setting and how to create and "App Password".
If you are using a free yahoo email account you can do a basic EScan setup. Click Here for instructions on how to do a basic EScan setup.
Change the Outgoing Mail Server Setting
The following steps will show you how to change the Outgoing Mail Server Setting.
- Open the MyoVision software and make sure there are no exams open. Click on "Setup," "Settings," and "Email".
- When the EScan window opens click on the "Advanced >>" button.
- Change the host name to "smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com" then click "OK".
Creating an App Password
The following steps will show you how to create an App Password to use with MyoVision.
- To create an "App Password" open your Yahoo account and navigate to the "Account Security" page.
- Click on "Generate app password"
- In the drop-down menu select "Other App." In the "Enter custom name" field enter "MyoVision" and click "Generate".
- Copy and paste the App Password by holding down the left mouse button, highlight the App Password, right-click, and select "Copy"
- Back in the MyoVision software, click "Setup," "Settings" then "Email".
- Click in the "Password" field. Paste the password that you copied from step 3 into this field. Then, click "OK". (If a password is already in the field, delete and paste the new password.)