This article will guide you on how to properly clean and care for your MyoVision ScanVision devices. Regular cleaning will extend the life of your device and ensure proper readings.
- 90% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol
- Remove all electrodes from your device
- Lightly damp a Q-tip into a small amount of 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol and begin cleaning the posts where the electrodes were. The alcohol helps to break down any buildup on the scanner. NOTE: As with all electronic devices, it is imperative you keep fluids from dripping/leaking inside the device. DO NOT oversaturate the Q-tip or press too hard where alcohol could leak inside the device.
- Allow the posts to completely dry (we recommend overnight drying)
- Pop the electrodes back on and you're all set!
We recommend this cleaning procedure be performed at the end of each day after use or weekly at minimum. If you do not use your ScanVision regularly, remove the electrodes until you are ready to use it again. Do not store the ScanVision with electrodes on.
Watch the video below!
ScanVision Cleaning video from David Marcarian on Vimeo.
QuickScan Best Practices
The liquid used in the manufacturing of QuickScan pads includes a salt. In the same way that salt spread on icy roads can corrode the exterior of a car, leaving the QuickScan fluid on the a ScanVision can negatively affect the performance of the ScanVision device and may lead to corrosion.
Follow these tips to prevent issues arising from QuickScan fluid buildup
- Use only one (1) pad at a time and place it on the lid of the QuickScan pad jar. Additional pads have no additional benefit and will increase the likelihood of QuickScan fluid being splashed onto the surface of the ScanVision.
- Do not touch the ScanVisions if your fingers have QuickScan fluid on them. Wash your hands after removing and placing a QuickScan pad. Alternatively, use tweezers to remove a pad from the jar and place the pad on the lid.
- Remove the electrodes at least weekly to clean the posts (depending on frequency of use).
- When replacing the old electrodes with new ones, clean the posts before snapping the new electrodes in.
Improper use of QuickScan Pads: The liquid used in QuickScan Pads includes sodium. Just as salt on the roads can damage your vehicle, leaving the QuickScan pad liquid on the device or on the metal parts of the electrodes can affect the electrical performance of the ScanVision device.
Regular, proper cleaning is your best way to combat any issues that may arise from QuickScan Pad buildup.
Discolored/Rusted Posts: The cause for a discolored or rusted post comes directly from lack of proper cleaning and maintenance. Or from using isopropyl alcohol that was too low of a percentage. If your electrode posts look like the image shown below, your devices will need to sent in for repair. You can also purchase a new Front-End depending on your ScanVision model.
IMPORTANT: Even mild corrosion, which can look like a small discoloration of the posts or a dullness, can cause inaccurate readings. Corrosion causes the ScanVision device to pick up electrical interference from your environment. The more electrical interference the environment has the more likely the ScanVision will have inaccurate readings when corrosion is present.
Why is Discoloration bad?
Rust and Corrosion can cause inaccurate readings and increase the time it takes to get measurements. Even a small amount of discoloration can create problems during testing. If left unchecked, rust and corrosion can spread inside the device, destroying internal components. This can lead to costly repairs or needing to replace the device entirely.
The discoloration won't clean off, what do I do?
First, determine the model of ScanVision you have by confirming the serial number on the back of the device. All serial numbers begin with the letter "D."
Serial Numbers lower than D7008500:
- Contact our Technical Support Specialists at 1-800-969-6961 Opt 2 to discuss options for your device.
Serial Numbers that are D7008500 or higher:
- Order a Front-End Replacement
- Purchase a Front-End Replacement. Click the link below and follow the ordering instructions: https://store.myovision.com/product-p/pb-20.htm
- Just as a car needs regular maintenance and replacement parts, replacing your front-end will prolong the life of your device and help ensure you get the most accurate readings.
Not sure if your model of ScanVision allows for a Front-End Replacement? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the doctor that ordered the system as well as the serial number of your devices and we will let you know.