This document shows you how to resolve a SQL 10 error
Before you Begin
- Make sure the Windows account you are logged into has Administrator privileges
- Check Administrator Privileges if you are unsure.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure Windows 10 is fully updated before continuing.
- To check if you are up to date, view the Microsoft support article:
How to Troubleshoot a SQL 10 Error
These steps are listed in order of likeliness. Completing all of them is not required. Once the error is resolved, no further troubleshooting should be necessary.
1. Check the Database Status
- If you have a network database and this is not the Server for it, skip to Step 2.
- Go to Setup > System > Database and check the Status section circled below
- If the status shows "Not Installed", then SQL is not installed at the same time as MyoVision. Make sure to update Windows and follow the instructions in the Installing SQL support article.
- If the status shows "Stopped", follow the instructions in the Stopped SQL Service support article.
2. Check the Instance Name
- If you have multiple SQL instances installed, make sure the instance name is correct by following the instructions in the Wrong SQL Instance support article. If you have a network database setup, be sure to follow that set of instructions as the name will be different.
Note: If you are still having trouble getting your MyoVision database to work properly, please feel free to contact our technical support at 1-800-969-6961, option 2 (8:30am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday)