The purpose of this guide is to show you how to troubleshoot an SQL error that says "Login failed for user 'sa'." (See the example below.)
Before performing any troubleshooting, make sure to restart the computer.
- Open the Setup, menu in the top menu bar, and select Database.
- In the Database Setup window, click on the "Mode 1" option, Then, click the "TestDB" button.
If the test is successful, you do not need to continue with this guide and may resume scanning.
- In the Database Setup window make note of the name of your SQL Server, then click the Advanced button.
- You will see a grayed out text box like the one below. Locate the portion labeled "Pwd=", this is the password MyoVision is currently trying to use to access your SQL Server.
- If the Server Name is PBI_MYOVISION, then delete the password currently typed into the Password box, type in "MyoVision01" (No Quotes), and press OK to save your changes.
If the Server Name is SQLEXPRESS, then delete the password currently typed into the Password box, type in "Sql2008r2" (No Quotes), and press OK to save your changes.
Now try to open or perform a new scan to see if the SQL error has been resolved.